The last week of The One Room Challenge is upon us, and I'll admit I am relieved to be nearing the finish line for my sewing studio and office. The theme for week five of the One Room Challenge was basically "build all the things". And paint.
There's a lot to do to "finish" the rooms so I'll keep this short and sweet. I'll share more details on things after the big reveal, I think.
Things that were built, painted, and done this week:
- Spent hours touching up the paint on the stencil wall (with the world's tiniest paintbrush)
- Hung & framed a pegboard for sewing storage
- Painted, sealed, and built a little fence on my serger table (to keep the serger in place when used at high speed)
- Painted, sealed, and created suspended tray on sewing machine table (to make the machine flush with tabletop)
- Built, painted, and sealed a picture ledge for the studio
- Hung fabric-covered homasote panels to create massive cork boards in studio
- Built, stained, sealed a riser for my desk (to keep the monitor at a healthy height)
- Sealed my studio shelves because the paint was tacky
- Shopped for random things I needed, created a massive pile to return...
The spaces are so close to being completed. Now it's a matter of putting everything in its place, which is my favorite part!
Needless to say, I haven't done this all on my own. My husband has helped tremendously, mainly by being fun dad to our daughter while I am out running errands. He also built my sewing machine table, which I am so excited to use. Also, my dad visited for the weekend, and he helped with many projects.
I'm off to put all the things in their place, and then roll out the white carpet in my office nook before my photographer comes to take some photos (of a new product!) in the new space.
I can't wait to share the finished spaces with you next week!